Summer 2019 fellowships:
Holly DONAT at Timeline Theatre, Gideon COHN-POSTAR at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, and Guangshuo YANG at the Chicago Leather Archives and Museum.
2019-2020 T.H. BREEN FELLOWS
- Sean HARVEY—convener of conference on “The Politics of Progress: Growth in and throughout History” (Dissertation: “Assembly Lines: Maquiladoras and the Making of the U.S.—Mexico Borderlands, 1932-1992”)
- Katya MASLAKOWSKI—working on CCHS digital media (Dissertation: “Men of Violence: Counterinsurgency and British Colonial Violence at the End of Empire”)
- Laura McCOY—convener of conference on “All in a Day’s Work: Labor in History” (Dissertation: “In Distress: Family and a Marketplace of Feeling in the Early American Republic”)
2019-2020 QUINN FELLOW in collaboration with the Doris G. Quinn Foundation
- William FITZSIMONS—dissertation on “Power without a Center: Age, Mobility, and Political Institutions in the Grasslands of East Africa, c. 500 BCE-1800 CE”
2018-2019 T.H. BREEN FELLOWS
- Kevin BAKER—Conference convener: “Back to the Future: Visions of Tomorrow in World History”(Dissertation: “Word Processors: Computer Simulation, Global Environmentalism, and the Birth of Sustainable Development”)
- Jessica BIDDLESTONE—digital media (Dissertation: “France in Roman Africa: Antiquity and the Making of Empire in French Algeria and Tunisia 1830-1900”)
- Aram SARKISIAN—conference convener: “Walls and Bridges: Migration and Its Histories”(Dissertation: “The Cross Between Hammer and Sickle: Russian Orthodox Christians in the United States, 1908-1926”).
2018-2019 QUINN FELLOW in collaboration with the Doris G. Quinn Foundation
- Keith Allan CLARK II—dissertation on “Defining China: Beijing, Taipei, and the United Nations’ ‘China Seat,’ 1949-1992”
Back to top