Past Co-Sponsored Conferences
Some recent examples of conferences co-sponsored by CCHS:
- #With Refugees arts and humanities day (May 13, 2017), sponsored by the Kaplan Institute, Buffett Institute, NU Arts Circle.
- "Hinesight: A Symposium on the Work of Darlene Clark Hine" (May12-13, 2017) in the Hilton Orrington, Evanston, sponsored by the Offices of the President and the Provost, TGS, Weinberg, Kaplan Institute, History, the Center for African American History (CAAH) and the Department of African American Studies
- Conference: “Sacred Word: Changing Meanings in Textual Cultures of Islamic Africa” in honor of John HUNWICK, April 21-22, sponsored by PASA and ISITA—Institute For the Study of Islamic Thought
- Conference in British Studies at the Newberry Library on April 8-9, sponsored by the Universities of Birmingham, Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Chicago
- Conference on British Studies at the Newberry library (April 2016);
- "Sacred Word: Changing Meanings in Textual Cultures of Islamic Africa" conference in honor of John Hunwick (April 2016);
- "Denial and Memory 100 Years after the Armenian Genocide" (Nov. 2015);
- "The Middle East in the 1950s: Historical Perspectives--Israel, the Arab World, and the Great Powers" (April 2010);
- "Culture, Politics and the Dilemmas of African American Citizenship in the Antebellum U.S." (April 2010);
- “Jews, Urban Space and Early Modernity” (November 2010);
- "Working Sessions on Ancient Greek History and Political Theory" (April/May 2011);
- “A Beautiful Struggle: Transformative Black Studies in Shifting Political Landscapes—A Summit of Doctoral Programs” (2012);
- Newberry symposium on "Rethinking the State Trials: The Politics of Justice in Later Stuart England" (April 2014);
- "Imagining the Public in Colonial India: Print, Polemics and the People" symposium (May 2014).