- Assistant Director: Elzbieta Foeller-Pituch
- Student Employee: Paola de Varona (Journalism major) joined us this Fall.
T.H. BREEN GRADUATE FELLOWS
- Kevin BAKER—Conference convener: “Back to the Future: Visions of Tomorrow in World History”(dissertation: “Word Processors: Computer Simulation, Global Environmentalism, and the Birth of Sustainable Development”)
- Jessica BIDDLESTONE—digital media (dissertation: “France in Roman Africa: Antiquity and the Making of Empire in French Algeria and Tunisia 1830-1900”)
- Aram SARKISIAN—conference convener: “Walls and Bridges: Migration and Its Histories”(dissertation: “The Cross Between Hammer and Sickle: Russian Orthodox Christians in the United States, 1908-1926”).
QUINN FELLOW in collaboration with the Doris G. Quinn Foundation
- Keith Allan CLARK II—dissertation on “Defining China: Beijing, Taipei, and the United Nations’ ‘China Seat,’ 1949-1992”
CHABRAJA POSTDOCTORAL TEACHING FELLOWS
- Alex HOBSON (School of the Art Institute of Chicago in 2017-18)—2017 dissertation: “Chains of Vengeance: The United States and Anti-Imperialism in the Middle East, 1967-2001”
- Alexandra THOMAS (NU)—2018 dissertation: “Reasons of State and the Politics of Botero, Campanella, and Sarpi in the Waning of the Renaissance”
New CHABRAJA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW in PUBLIC SERVICE
- Beth HEALEY (NU)—2017 dissertation: “Nazi Crimes, British Justice: The Royal Warrant War Crimes Trials in British-Occupied Germany, 1945-1949”—working and conducting research for the non-profict organization UnSilence.
Current CCHS ADVISORY COUNCIL:Sarah Maza (CHS Director), Laura Hein (History Chair), Dyan Elliott (History), Keith Woodhouse (History), Lina Britto (History), Taco Terpstra (Classics), and Gary T. Johnson (President, Chicago History Museum).
Back to top